23 was a roller coaster of a year, but God is so good and He is so faithful. Today I say goodbye, and tomorrow I say hello to 24.
Here are 23 things I learned from my twenty-third year.
- Jesus is everything.
- My goodness is nothing apart from God.
- Forgiveness and restoration is possible and so beautiful, but we have to let Him do it His way, in His timing.
- Don’t bake when you’re in a bad mood.
- Choose your focus; problem or Jesus.
- (His) sovereignty over (your) struggle.
- People are so, so beautiful; take a chance on them.
- Always leave people on a good note. You never know if that’s the last time you’ll see them.
- Smile more.
- I know God sees me. I know He saw me then and He sees me now.
- Goodness is all around us, but sometimes we just have to look for it.
- You are so, so loved.
- Your walk with God is your walk with God.
- The veil was torn and we are no longer separated from God. Walk in His presence.
- Give God space to do what He said He’d do.
- God does already know what you’re going to do, but still there is mercy, grace, and Him.
- You can find true happiness in God.
- Jesus never said we’d have perfect lives. Instead, we’d have to live this life with endurance, but He’s our deliverer.
- You learn true compassion when the person who you think doesn’t deserve it is staring at you right in the face.
- Give Him what you have, and He’ll take care of the rest.
- Praying friends are the best kind of friends.
- EVERYTHING by prayer.
- Be brave. Speak up. Take Chances.
Be blessed, beautiful people!
Love, Sarah Lynn
Last year’s: 22 and On…
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6